00:25:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with Maratone


Your Name: Mads Stannius (Maratone)
Your location(country,city): Denmark, Odense

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Maratone: Playing in Ibiza for sure!
Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Maratone: I bought my own house, makes me proud as ****! :-) And I can't wait to move in in 2018 and build my new studio from scratch!
1) Best Track from other artists:
Roman Messer feat. Roxanne Emery - Lullaby does it for me at the moment!



2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
Stardust, 



Energy, 



Wait For you Remix



3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
Gareth Emery & Ferry Corsten





4) Best Remix from other artist:
So many! :)

5) Best Remix that you have produced?
I think it have to me my remix of The Opposiz feat. Diana Leah - Wait For You



6) Best Remixer:
Frainbreeze or LTN





7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
Frainbreeze



8) Best Electronic Music Album:
Ferry Corsten - Blueprint



9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
ASOT and I also really enjoy all the Suanda compilations!



10) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
Everything from Sarah Lynn at the moment!



11) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
Sarah Lynn and VIKA




12) Best Electronic Music Label:
Suanda does a great job, but also Abora and all the sublabels!





13) Best Electronic Music Video:
Dunno.

14) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
Facebook

15) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
So many ;)

16) Best music composition software:
FL Studio

17) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
Amnesia, Ibiza :)

18) Best personal Dj Gig:
Reverie Ibiza 2017

19) Best Dj set of the year from other fellow Dj:
Above & Beyond at Amnesa Ibiza this summer was a real experience!

20) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
Ibiza

21) Best Radio show or Artist Vlog?:
Armin van Buuren or Laidback Luke



22) Best Radio station:
1Mix Radio

23) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport

24) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
Beatport and Trancefix

25) Best Smart phone or smart phone application:
Soundcloud for iPhone is the app I use the most I think!

26) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
Pioneer DDJ-SB2

27) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?
Almost every Kontakt Libaries, I really got my eyes open for this plugin this year.

28) Best tip that you learnt this year for your Djing techniques or music composition:
I learned a really cool technique how to layer vocals to make them stand much more out in the mix of your production. Now I use this in almost all my productions!

29) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
Almost every tip that comes from the Abora team! I really appreciate all the feedback the guys give me on my productions to make them stand more out!



30) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
Music production! :)

31) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
Ibiza or my trip to Spain with my wife!

32) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
DJ Mag

33) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
Hmm.... I recently saw all the Harry Potter movies, which inspired me to do a new filmscore track, which you will hear from me in 2018! Some really different stuff from me, but I really learned alot during the production of this track

34) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
CS GO!

35) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
Dunno

36) Best electronic music related joke you heard this year and make you still laugh:
If you can't handle it, sample it!

37) The saddest electronic music news you heard this year and still makes u cry:
Not anything I wanna write in public.

Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, Dj gigs.
Maratone: Well... It was supposed to be a surprise, but since you wanna know... yes, there might be coming an album from me in 2018! For the gigs, I can't reveal anything yet, as it's up to my management! But 2018 is gonna be an exciting year for me, and I'm really looking forward to it!
Thanks to Rene Ablaze at Redux Recordings for arranging this interview

Additional info:
www.maratonedj.com
www.facebook.com/maratonedj
www.twitter.com/maratonedj
www.soundcloud.com/maratonedj